Why Social Media Must Intergrate Into the Marketing Mix
Social Media Marketing has become a vital part of the marketing mix for forward-thinking companies.
Studies show that most marketers, representing businesses of every size, expect social media to play a significant part in their marketing initiatives. Yet, most are unsure exactly how to build, deploy and measure the success of a social marketing plan that will fully leverage the company web presence and support immediate and long-term goals.
There are thousands of businesses jumping in to social media spaces like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, YouTube and others every day. Independent studies show that most of these businesses simply don’t know what to do with their social media account, or how to make it work as a marketing medium, resulting in high abandonment rates.
More reasons to Integrate Social Media Marketing in to your Marketing Mix:
- Social Media Enhances Search Engine Visibility
- Integrate Social Marketing Campaigns, with Traditional Marketing, Media, Advetising, Publicity and PR
- Social Media Promotes Viral Marketing Activity
- Google Dominates Search – How Google Treats Social Media Is Important
- Directly Engage Qualified Audiences & Customers
- Further Your Brand & USP
- Differentiate Yourself From Your Competition
- Grow and Dominate Market Share
- Drive Traffic To Your Website
- Leverage Social Media for Marketing Research
- Promote Conversion of Visitors to Customers
To be successful, you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. There are plenty of social media marketers out there who have carved the path, navigating the nuances of social media platforms with a desired outcome in mind. Read: 4 P’s of Successful Social Media Marketing to learn more.
Many marketers can get the strategy in place, but are afraid to pull the trigger. It is wise to be sensitive as each social media platform as it’s own Terms of Service and unwritten social rules.
To learn more, Read: Social Media Rules of Engagement.